Tuesday, September 23, 2008

School.

So school has started and it´s going great. I can´t say I´m the best student I´ve ever been; in relationship to the states that is. I frequently don´t understand everything and find it hard to participate in portuguese. I still do my best and on occasion can formulate an answer and give my two cents. My success in school, however, lies not in tests and grades but in my relationship with my peers and the non-academic, yet equally as important, aspects and lessons I´m learning in school. This success is due greatly in part to all my peers in my term who have helped me and welcomed me as part of their class. But, there are two people who I feel have really been most selfless and generous in their support to me; and they are Dennis and Zita. These two have put up with many ´´Huh?´´s and ``What does that mean?´´s. They have worked tirelessly and been the most patient people with me in school thus far, and I would just like to publicly thank them for their efforts. Thanks, I really appreciate it. Anyways school is great, it is a place to be social and experience life in portugal. It occupies most of my time and really all my enegy is diverted towards school, but without it I fear I would find myself with little to do. Well thats all for now, I would really appreciate any questions or comments that you have or if you want or if you have the time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Schweeeeeet!
xo
Mom (mao Ben)

mjs said...

well done Ben! sounds like you are settling in - meeting people, learning the language, finding your rhythm at school, etc.i'm sure the first few weeks are the toughest and things will settle in even more in a short month.wondering how tennis is going, what your house looks like (i am an architect after all), are you getting out into the countryside and if so what it looks like. Fall ahs arrived here - overnight on the back of a flatbed rail car heading up to apple picking country. cold nights and warm, sunny days. Love ya, Dad

Anonymous said...

hey man...
wassup?it's me: Dennis!! xD

looks like you wrote about me... lol it's true, i do mt best to make you "feel at home" in portugal, 'cause i was in your situation 9 years ago... i came from New Jersey with only 8 years old...damn...(xD)



look man, u can count on me for whatever... okay?

see ya in school... ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben!
It is an Honor to have my name in this blog!!!
I'm happy that I can help you...
I never had a situation like that, but I imagine that it must be dificult!
It's like I'm a little part of your experience, and, I'm very grateful for that :D

I'm always here when you need me! ^^

*beijinhos* Zita :D