Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stuff.

So I´ve been sick for two days. It´s nothing much, just a sore throat, runny nose, stuffiness and aches. Today I had tennis lessons and felt fine most of the time. Louis is sick too. For lunch today we went to a really good italian restaurant, probably some of the best pizza I´ve ever had. One thing that I think is cool but haven´t written about is that there are a lot of roundabouts here, of course this is europe and that is the norm, but a really cool thing about a particular roundabout here in Viseu is that there is a parking garage under it. All surface traffic flows as it would normally but there are these holes in the ground that you can drive down into right under the road and down the circle is the parking garage. It is all lit naturally because the cieling is the roundabout and has windows. I thought this was really smart, A: because even in this size of a city and with all these cars on these tiny roads there is no traffic, I think this is due to the roundabouts, and B: The garage litterally takes up no area like traditional parking garages in cities in the states allowing a bunch of people to park their cars in the center of the city. A funny thing that happened to me this week was in Geometry class; a student was late and knocked on the door to be let in. Since I sit next to the door I simply turned the handle and the student came in. Well when my teacher saw this he wasn´t happy. He grabbed the student (somewhat gently) by the arm and led him out of the classroom, closed the door on him then turned to me. I was really confused at this point and just stared blankly at the door. My teacher leans with both hands on my desk and says in broken english ``Who is the boss.´´ Well I knew what he ment and responded ``Tu, claro.(You, of course)´´ to be polite and not get chewed out in portuguese in front of the rest of the class. Then he turned and opened the door for the tardy student. Who came in looking just as confused as I had. Well, I can´t think of anything else for now but If I do I´ll write later. Questions comments? Até Já.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-yo!
Great blog as usual...how 'bout some pictures? Hope you feel better, sweet potato. We LOVE you!

Anonymous said...

okay...
i wasn't there to see it, but u told me and i couldn't stop laughing!! LOL
anyway........
cool blog...
your mom is right! (hi mrs. Small) you should take some photos... maybe this week xD



well, see u at school...